Immigrate to UAE from Russia - Guidance on Moving to Dubai
Immigrate to UAE from RussiaUpdated on Monday 30th May 2022
Rate this article
based on 1 reviews.
based on 1 reviews.
Moving to the UAE is not difficult anymore, as the government has created various relocation schemes for all types of immigrants. This also applies to Russian citizens who decide to migrate to the United Arab Emirates and remain here temporarily or permanently.
If you want to immigrate to UAE from Russia and need guidance, our lawyers in Dubai are at your service for assistance in choosing an applying for a residence permit. You can also rely on us for other purposes, for example, if you want to open a business here.
Are any special entry requirements for Russian citizens in the UAE?
The UAE imposed several types of entry visas for nationals of other countries. Some people need 30-day or 90-day validity visas that can be obtained on arrival. Russian citizens travelling here can apply for the latter. This means that one can obtain a visa that enables him or her to stay in the UAE 3 months within a period of 6 months. This is suitable for those who want to open a company in the UAE and use their ownership rights to obtain residency.
If you deicide to immigrate to Dubai from Russia, you can rely on our local law firm which can also make all the business incorporation arrangements.
The main pathways employed to immigrate to UAE from Russia
With approximately 600,000 Russian tourists in the past few years, it is no wonder that many of them decided to return and invest in real estate or other sector and decide to move to UAE on the long term.
Here are some of the most employed legal ways through which Russian citizens choose to relocate to UAE:
- business registration is one of the most popular ways to immigrate to UAE from Russia, especially since it is also one of the safest ways to ensure permanent residence;
- real estate acquisition creates a path for citizenship by investment for Russian citizens;
- employment and studentship are also options, even if in a lesser demand, to relocate to UAE from Russia.
When it comes to moving here permanently, the residency by investment program is one of the most appreciated not only by Russians, but also by other foreign nationals. Our Dubai lawyers can advise people who want to accede to this program and enjoy the benefits offered by the Emirates.
How to move to UAE from Russia by acquiring a property
As mentioned above, real estate purchase is among the most sought ways through which one can migrate to UAE from Russia. The main advantage of this choice is that depending on the value of the property, a Russian national can obtain a residence permit with a shorter or longer validity. Here are the main aspects to consider:
- for a property worth 1 million AED, the validity of the visa is 6 months;
- for a property with a minimum value of 5 million AED, one can obtain a 5-year residence permit;
- for a property valued at 10 million AED, the validity of the residence permit is 10 years.
Considering the recent developments in Europe, it is useful to know that Russian citizens are not subject to any sanctions when travelling or moving to UAE.
The UAE, a hotspot for expatriates
UAE’s population is mainly made of expatriates with Russians being present in most of the emirates through business ventures.
In numbers, the data presented by Global Media Insight shows that:
- at the beginning of 2022, the UAE population was 10.08 million inhabitants;
- out of these, 88.52% or 8.92 million were expatriates;
- Dubai alone concentrated 3.49 million of the UAE’s population;
- the Russian community in UAE is made of 100,000 persons.
If you want to immigrate to UAE from Russia and need support, feel free to address our lawyers in Dubai who will help you complete all the formalities.