Form a Company in Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone
Form a Company in Dubai Healthcare City Free ZoneUpdated on Monday 30th July 2018
Rate this article
based on 4 reviews.
based on 4 reviews.
Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone was established in 2002 as a high-quality healthcare center, oriented to the needs of the patients. At the moment, Dubai Healthcare City (DHC) is formed out of two hospitals and more than 120 medical clinics and laboratories, covering a wide range of medical specializations. Investors interested in opening a medical company in DHC will receive their license from the Dubai Creative Clusters Authority; our law firm in Dubai can provide you with information on the legislative system applicable in DHC.
Business activities in DHC
In DHC, registration of a company can be done through two legal entities; foreign investors can form a free zone limited liability company (FZ LLC) or a branch of the parent company. The branch does not require shareholders to have any minimum capital at the incorporation, but in the case of FZ LLC, the DHC authorities ask for the following minimum capital:
- • companies set up as clinics must have a minimum capital of AED 300,000;
- • companies incorporated as commercial offices must have a minimum capital of AED 50,000.
Here is a video presentation with information about how you can register a company in DHC:
What types of companies can you open in DHC?
DHC can issue a license, allowing you to set up a business here, only for the following business activities:
- • clinical (inpatient/outpatient);
- • consultancy in the field of healthcare;
- • healthcare support and education;
- • publishing;
- • non-healthcare education services;
- • consultancy;
- • hotels/leisure activities.
Our law firm in Dubai can offer you more details about the most important business activities in DHC.
Company registration in DHC
The procedure of opening a business in DHC is simple, requiring the investor to present the following documents:
- • the Initial Application Form for the Center for Healthcare Planning and Quality;
- • the application for a business license in DHC;
- • the business plan of the company;
- • a copy of the passports of the managers, directors, shareholders and legal representatives.
The companies registered in DMC benefit of 100% foreign ownership, 100% repatriation of the profits and full exemptions from the corporate tax, income tax or customs duties.
If you need further information on the Dubai Healthcare City Free Zone, please contact our law firm in Dubai for legal representation.